Monday, March 19, 2007

The new awesome
I've been calling things "awesome" too much. Especially things that aren't even close to awesome. I've got to stop doing that. It would be awesome to come up with a substitute. MS-Word offers these synonyms: overwhelming, grand, breathtaking, splendid, tremendous, remarkable, amazing, awe-inspiring, astounding, humbling.

None of them are all that awesome. "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood by Neko Case is splendid!" "The seaweed salad at Sapporo is grand!" I don't think so. I could go with Cartman's choice of superlative in the Tooth Fairy episode of South Park, but it might make meetings a little uncomfortable:
Cartman: Look what the tooth fairy left me last night!
Stan: Two dollars!
Kyle: No way!
Stan: For one tooth?
Cartman: For one tooth.
Stan: Dude, every time I lost a tooth I only got a quarter.
Kyle: I only got a jar of gefilte fish.
Cartman: Well, that doesn't matter, because I have an idea that is totally tits.
Kyle: …Totally what?

If you have any suggestions for my new awesome, please post it in comments or e-mail me.

No comments: