Monday, March 12, 2007

Photoscamming
So, I'm learning Photoshop, right? Because I don't want to be the only person in America who doesn't know how to superimpose turtle heads onto my children or give Katie Couric an instant makeover. Nowadays, when I see almost any interesting photo, I instantly start looking for signs of tinkering. So, natch, just as soon as I move over to the dark side, news comes that Adobe is developing authentication tools to make it possible to tell if a photo has been doctored. Brilliant! Of course, these sort of shenanigans have been going on for a long time. I don't have anything worth showing yet, but I was able to successfully erase an ugly person eating a double stuft cheesy gordita out of the background of a photo from last year's vacation. If only real life worked that way. If only. Once I get something worth bragging about, I'll post it here.

No comments: